Assistance for higher degree researchers
The Library offers additional services and facilities to support your research, academic investigations and thesis preparation. Please visit the Higher Degree Reserch page for more information.
Document Supply helps eligible staff and students locate and request items not held by the library. These can include books, research reports, theses as well as copies of journal articles, chapters from books or conference papers required for your research and teaching. Please visit borrowing from other Libraries for more information.
Endnote is a program with flexible tools for searching, organizing and sharing your research, creating your bibliography and writing your paper or thesis. It enables you to:
- Search hundreds of online resources for references and PDFs.
- Find full text in one click.
- Import records from PubMed with the new direct export format.
- Share groups and references.
- Hand-off Word files with full reference files.
- Format references for any project with Cite While You Write®.
- Search and annotate PDFs.
- Create uniform citations and footnotes with new formatting tools.
Your MGSM Research Librarians can also assist you with Bibliographic Referencing Software.
Higher degree research study space
In additon to the MGSM Higher Degree Research Hub, dedicated computer lab, reading room and syndicate rooms, HDR candidates also have access to the dedicated Higher Degree Research Study Space located on Level 5 of the MQ Library.
You can apply online for access privileges to the HDR Study Space. Please allow 5 days for access to be granted.
Features of the HDR Study Space include:
- Swipe card access
- Over 130 seats
- Desktop power for laptops
- Macquarie wireless network access
- Kitchenette with microwave, fridge & vending machine
- Free daily lockers
The library provides dedicated MGSM Research Librarians to assist MGSM students with library services such as:
- Support for your research activities
- Advise you on the best sources of information for your research
- Provide research and information skills training
- Meet with you to discuss your research needs
They provide a drop in service at the MGSM North Ryde campus every Wednesday between 2pm and 4pm during MGSM terms – just ask at Reception for directions.
You can contact the MGSM research librarians as below: