Students are entitled to use the syndicate rooms, when available, at both North Ryde and the CBD. All requests for syndicate rooms must be made in writing online through the syndicate room booking form. At least two (2) working days lead-time is required for all bookings. Confirmation of the booking will be sent via e-mail. The following conditions apply:
- Rooms can only be booked up to a maximum of one week in advance
- A room cannot be booked for any less than 3 students
- Names of all students must be nominated on the booking form
- Time limit of booking is a maximum of 4 hours
- Bookings will only be held for ½ an hour for all nominated members to arrive, i.e. not 1 or 2 members. The room will be re-allocated to another student if all nominated members fail to appear.
- Every effort will be made to accommodate students’ needs, however, MGSM cannot guarantee that a room will be available on the date and at the times requested. On those occasions when there are no syndicate rooms available for student use, private study group rooms are available for use in the University Library.
Parking at North Ryde
The MGSM North Ryde campus has a dedicated car park which can be accessed only through the boom gate at Talavera Road.
Students wishing to park in this area must use the Macquarie University new technology-based pay-as-you-go (PAYG) parking system. Please refer to the Macquarie University parking website for further information on cost and how to register.
IT support services
Software Support provides information on how to access your Macquarie University student email account, Macquarie University IT help support services and access to iLab (a "virtual computer lab" allowing you to use the Microsoft Windows and Mac OS X applications required for university work from anywhere in the world).
OneNet WiFi is available for use by students via the "Macquarie OneNet" SSID. OneNet WiFi provides users with campus wide coverage.
Students will use their OneID and password if they wish to connect wireless devices including laptops, iPads, iPhones and Android devices.
SSID: "Macquarie OneNet"
Username: Your OneID (Student Id Number)
Password: Your OneID password (the same password that you use to login to the student portal)
Instructions can be found in the Wiki....