Change of Enrolment
Ways you can change your enrolment if you want to swap locations, withdraw from units or transfer between programs.
Change your program enrolment
You can apply to transfer between MGSM programs or to transfer between campus locations using the Graduate Transfer Application form.
Change your unit enrolment
Should you wish to withdraw after the census date the following applies:
Withdrawal after the census date
The MGSM Change of Enrolment Form should be submitted to request withdrawal after the census date without academic or financial penalty. Supporting documentation must be included for any waiver of academic or financial penalty to be considered.
Requests for withdrawals without penalty are assessed by the MGSM and Macquarie University on the basis of unavoidable disruption.
The following guidelines represent the official University definition of "unavoidable disruption of studies", and requests can generally only be accepted for disruptions covered by these guidelines. Unavoidable disruption of studies is defined as resulting from an event or set of circumstances which:
- Could not have reasonably been anticipated, avoided or guarded against by the student
- Were beyond the student's control
- Caused substantial disruption to the student's capacity for effective study and for the completion of required work
- Interfered with the otherwise satisfactory fulfilment of unit or program requirements
It is important that your supporting documentation address the above criteria in order to have the best chance of a positive outcome during the assessment. The Student Advocacy and Support Services can assist if you need advice on making an application or sourcing supporting documentation. We refer you to the withdrawal and discontinuance policy for further information.
There are two stages of the assessment:
- Faculty will consider a waiver of any academic penalty. If no academic penalty is applied a W (withdrawal) grade will be recorded on your academic transcript. If an academic penalty is applied an FW (fail) grade will be applied. An email will be sent to you from MGSM Student Services to confirm the outcome of this stage.
- Your application will also be submitted to Macquarie University Office of Financial Services - Revenue Services for their assessment of the financial penalty. An email will be sent to you directly from this office to advise whether or not a financial penalty will be applied. Should a financial penalty be applied you will be liable for the tuition fees applicable to the units you have requested to be withdrawn from.
2019 census dates
|Term 1||Friday, 18 January 2019|
|Term 2||Friday, 12 April 2019|
|Term 3||Friday, 5 July 2019|
|Term 4||Friday, 27 September 2019|
Important points whens submitting a change of enrolment
- You may be liable for tuition fees for units withdrawn after the census date.
- You will be advised by email (to your MQ email address) once your request has been actioned.
- Your request may affect and disrupt the Syndicate groupings in the unit.
- Your request may affect your period of candidature and graduation.
- Your request may affect prerequisite requirements for subsequently enrolled units. For example, if you are enrolled in MGSM850 Strategic Frameworks and MGSM857 Competition and Strategy in Asia-Pacific, and request to withdraw from MGSM850, you will also be withdrawn from MGSM857.