- acknowledges the intellectual contribution and ideas of others;
- allows others to follow up on your research work at a later date;
- demonstrates your reading of credible sources, research and mastery of the topic;
- protects you from claims of plagiarism and insufficient or weak research/evidence.
Endnote is Macquarie University's recommended citation and bibliographic referencing software and is a useful tool for tracking and documenting sources for assignments.
See Library Guides:
Some features in Google Scholar include:
- Save sources in one locatio
- Organise sources according to labels e.g. by unit or subject area
- Copy reference to clipboard (APA or other style) using the cite button
- Set up alerts for new literature based on specific search terms
Test your knowledge of APA style in-text citation